Thursday, June 16, 2011

Content Mills

     I've been doing a lot of research on Demand Studios since I heard about them somewhere along the freelance grape vine. I wanted to get to know a bit about their system, purpose, and such before committing time and energy into applying. As I've been accepted and started working on different articles for them, I've noticed a lot of bad feedback on the net about their "content-mill-ness." 
     No, I'm not a fan of content mills who product bad articles about nothing simply to clog up search engines and make a quick buck from the advertising their most likely only getting because the people searching are so fed up with spam and other writing crap.
     So, do I think Demand Studios is a content mill?
     Yes. Unfortunately, their titles are chosen from search engine results, and they have strict rules about how little you can modify those titles to actually make sense. However, I don't feel I have a moral responsibility to avoid writing for a so-called content mill. The goal of the application and editing process of Demand Studios is to make sure good writers are writing good content that people actually want. As long as I'm providing well-written, useful content, I will have no problem pursuing a freelance career with Demand Studios.


_______________


Day 3 of A Page a Day


     Tonight, my dear husband has bed-time duty (we alternate nights) and I plan to use the extra time to lose myself in my quiet bedroom and write at least a page of my book. I may be switching to a different book outline to pursue, though. I'll do a post on that soon... with a hint, of course!
     
     Are you working on any writing projects right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment