Saturday, June 11, 2011

Welcome to the Internet

     Hello Internet! I'm not completely sure how I wanted to start this first post off, so I suppose a greeting will suffice. I've been a writer all my life and freelancing lately, but I've always desired that elusive dream of publishing. I think most writers can say that, but not as many are willing or able to put the time, work, and emotional investment into striving for that goal. Up until now, I haven't. I was always the one to smile and say a polite thank you to any who admired my work (mostly family), and I constantly told all who would listen that writing was a pleasure to me-- I didn't want it to be my job.

     However, life has a way of directing you to that which you're meant to do, and by continuing to deny my passion for writing, I was slowly convincing myself that it didn't mean enough to me to pursue. No passion deserves to be locked away in a box. When a complete upheaval of my life threw me for a loop, I decided I was letting all those passions free!

     ... (ominous voice) And so it begins!


     Passions I'm Pursuing Now:

     -- Started an online magazine,  The Fickle Mistress

     -- Enrolled in Bellydancing classes to start in July 
        (I thought "Join a Harem" might be a bit much, and ze hubby might get angry)

     -- Personal Writing Challenge!

     

3 comments: